Pages

Friday 15 May 2020

A Tiring Day

Sarah - congratulations! Don't forget to let me know when the publication date comes around so I can give a shout out.

Thank you for all the good wishes. It has been confirmed that bear has Chronic Pain Syndrome and it looks like it is going to be a long haul. He was also prescribed melatonin.

The driving was an horrific experience. I knew that the Transport Minister had announced a boost in roadworks. It seemed that they were all in Leeds! There were cones and arrows and temporary lights everywhere. And there wasn't a scrap of parking near the hospital. We drove around for nearly an hour, and I must have gone around the area three times. I couldn't manage the multi story. The angles were just too tight. I ended up reversing out. Finally bear got out near his appointment and headed for the clinic. I parked up near the market and belted some distance back to the hospital while bear checked himself in and got the 'weight and height' stuff done. The consultant was running over, so we weren't late, but I was not as calm and collected as I would have liked. Bear was awesome and so mature, but he wasn't in his comfort zone and was glad to see me.

The drive home was equalling stressful. I managed to get into the right lane but there were roadworks, unexpected corners, some appalling driving from other people and cyclists.

I am feeling a little stressed after the whole afternoon, so I thought I would go out and drive. I could get some practice in and pick up a few things. This was not a good idea. It felt like I was in the Wacky Races.

Bear has settled down, so I think I will take the opportunity and get an early night. I can't talk much about him too much, but I'm worrying.

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about bear and your awful journey to the appointment. Now you have a diagnosis let's hope you are on your way to having treatment that will relieve it. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry the drive and the parking was such a harrowing experience. But, at least the consultation went well and you have a diagnosis. Hopefully, there is some kind of treatment and things will improve for bear. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete