Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2020

Not a Good Day

I had a phone consultation with a very nice man who is a consultant thingy - joints and pain in children. He believes bear has Chronic Pain Syndrome. We are going in for a face to face consultation in a few weeks. Bear is just about at rock bottom with this, it has been going on for years and now we are facing quite a long haul to get things right. I am so worried for him.

I'll be back tomorrow when I have more chance to process things.

I haven't written my response to the writing challenge yet, but Sue Hester has written an amazing piece called 'Light and Shade' and you can find it here.

Hugs and good health to all.

4 comments:

  1. Poor kid. Constant pain is appalling. I hope you manage to get some answers and some proper pain relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about bear, I hope his spirits and the pain lifts soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grandson suffered a birth injury (Erbs Palsy) which left him
    with a paralysed left arm. He also had several surgical interventions which unfortunately did not improve his condition. By the time he was 10 he was suffering from chronic pain syndrome and taking massive doses of pain killers and spending a lot of time in hospital on morphine. Very luckily he was accepted on to the young people's pain control course at the Royal Mineral Water Hospital in Bath when he was 13 and it gave him back his life. He was weaned off the drugs and was able to attend school. I won't pretend that life is easy but he is now 22 and still using the strategies they taught him and his mother on the course which is now held in the therapies centre of the RUH hospital in Bath. You may already know about the work they do at the centre if so, forgive this long post, if not, please check it out, they are the best and they can help you. With my best wishes for you and Bear.

    ReplyDelete