Pages

Saturday 9 May 2020

Sort of Quiet

Jonathan - I have no patience with plants, I fail at them. Plants look at me and die, except, apparently, for this honeysuckle, but only this year! To be fair, I think the neighbours were sabotaging it last year.

Today has been sort of quiet and sort of productive. I got the new rice cooker going and I'm devastated that the minium rice it cooks is about twice our normal portion. Cooked rice can have some nasties in it if it isn't stored well, and I do not have a perfect track record of being competent. I shall have a think. It worked out well today, though, as I made rice salad, with enough left over for lunch tomorrow. We had it with chicken and followed it by the banana bread I made this afternoon. I have apples and bananas I need to use up so baking may happen.

In between I fussed bear (who is doing well today) and watched the Victorian Farm with DH while knitting. It has been incredibly relaxing and I've got a few inches of blanket knitted. I've also got some editing done and I cringed at the mess I was making of commas. It's been an education and I seriously feel for the poor soul doing line edits.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening with more Victorian Farm and knitting.

Hugs and good vibes to all.


3 comments:

  1. I've never had a problem with leftover rice and have eaten it as leftovers both hot and cold a couple of days later. Been doing that for the past thirty odd years and have never had a problem. I would just cook the big portion and freeze half if you don't want to use up quite quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read that bear is doing better. Cooked rice will keep quite well in the fridge for several days, which is what I do. Or, you can freeze it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good day. I am terrible at keeping plants alive. I don't know what it is they just don't seem to survive!

    ReplyDelete