Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

Laundry

I'm starting to work my way through washing every tiny scrap of fabric in bear's room in the battle against beetles. Bear takes after me in that he loves his blankets and throws. I even got him one for Christmas and he has various Doctor Who themed throws, plush throws, knitted blankets and fleeces. It may take some time. My washing machine was making some very peculiar noises when I made dinner, and I think I'll need to space out the loads and make them slightly smaller. It may have just dealing with an unbalanced loads but it sounded awful like a sob - a sort of whaaaa-whaaaa-whaaa noise before coming to a stop and then starting again. I can't cope with trying to sort out a broken washer just at the moment.

Apart from the layers of fabric in bear's room, there are around a gazillion and four plush toys. Bear seems to be attached to them all. He has names for them. He used to curl up in heaps of them when he was little. Now it would be far too harsh to ask him to do without them. So they all need to be washed, at least the ones that will wash. There are also buckets of lego, storage boxes and cushions that all need a serious inspection. Nothing is actively crawling, but I don't want to take any chances. The next step is to dig out the steamer and work out how to use it.

The fruit mountain is diminishing rapidly. I forgot to cook the cauliflower tonight, but remembered the mushrooms in the mince. I also made Dorset Apple Cake (can't find the link at the moment, but it's on BBC Good Food) which went down very well, even though I made a mess of the rubbing in. The room was too hot and I found the rubbing in somewhat squishy.

It's been another relaxing evening, with us all hanging out and relaxing. Long may that continue.

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. There are a lot of active creepy crawlies at the moment I hear - my granddaughter was bitten by something unknown last week. My daughter had to hunt it down and did - a very strange thing that she now has stuck to some sellotape - doesn't seem to be more than the one though - but it had a few bites before it was caught. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apple cake sounds delicious! Hope the washing machine holds up to all the laundry it will have to do!

    ReplyDelete