Pages

Thursday 7 May 2020

Sort of Win, Sort of Fail

Bear has had a bad day. But one of the things he managed to do was help me with a box. To be honest, he helped at the start and then had to go in, but we did all the thinking together.


As you can see, I need to do a lot of work in the garden. The idea is that the box can be topped up with soil and the honeysuckle can flourish. I was considering runner beans, but it may be a little late for them now. We constructed three sides to the box, then slipped it between the railings and the wall. The railings are tied with plastic string to hooks in the wall and there is an old clothes line strung leading to the right in the picture which I'm hoping to train the honeysuckle along.

Unfortunately I had a struggle to get the last side on after I got the box in position and it isn't properly attached all the way down. I put gorilla tape over the screws because I couldn't get them all the way in and didn't want anyone to get caught on them. I couldn't find a drill with a screwdriver thingy but there were pre-drilled holes in one side, thank goodness, so I managed the rest of the box okay.

Thank you for all the suggestions for helping bear. They are very much appreciated and at this time, when we are so in the dark, I'm incredibly grateful.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. It's a great looking box. A friend took a cutting of something we thought was a honeysuckle about a year ago and I planted it in this big old pot I had on my allotment. Nothing much happened for the rest of the year and I thought the winter killed it off, but this year it's blooming! Plants = patience :)

    ReplyDelete