Pages

Thursday 21 May 2020

Plans

One day I will plan to do something and it will happen.

I didn't get out today as I'm going out tomorrow. Last night my brother called and invited me for a socially distant catch up. I may break the rules to get a cuddle from his older dog, though. He is an utter sweetie, and getting very elderly. It gives me more time to work out what we are going to need over the bank holiday. I still want to get there early, and I've already loaded bags into the car.

The house smells of firelighters. What that usually means is that someone further up the sewage system has dumped a load of paint thinner or similar into the drains and we are getting the benefit. I may run our water later to see if it washes some stuff away, but something like turps or white spirit would float on water, so it may not be a quick fix.

I'm wondering if the new business that's a little upstream is anything to do with it. There has been a bathroom place there all the time we've lived here until a year or two ago, when they moved out and something else started. There has been lots of rubble, a permanent oil barrel full of burning scrap wood and people hanging around and making noise. I'm looking forward to finding out what is going on.

Today has been far too warm. I can't wait until it's autumn and I start complaining about the cold!

Hugs and good health to all.


1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a good visit! My son actually came and we sat outside for a little while. He wasn't supposed to come over (at the time) but three days later that has changed lol.

    ReplyDelete