Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2020

Handbag? What Handbag?

Thank you for the good wishes and advice. It really helps.

I really wanted to be out at 7am this morning. I hoped to get out, have a short walk and then get to Tesco before the reserved hour between 9am and 10am that is kept for the elderly and vulnerable or nhs workers. Instead I was tearing the house apart looking for my handbag.

I'd left it in the car overnight! Fortunately, as I drive through some less than fancy places, I have a habit of always putting my handbag in the footwell on the passenger side and it was still there this morning. I gave up on the walk and just about made it to Tesco on time, where I dashed around and shot out again like a startled cat.

Then I got home to the ongoing battle of bear with school work. Due to pain and all the other issues, he's struggling and school are less than sympathetic. He managed to get some done.

I jammed the vacuum cleaner and then inhaled a snoot full of dust as I tried to unjam it, so we ended up having baked potatoes instead of rice salad with the burgers, which was okay. The men had honeycomb on toast for dessert. I found some on a site which was also delivering gluten free flour, so got it for a treat, and I thought bear should know what it was like. It has been a success.

I now feel utterly, completely and totally exhausted. I'm not sure why, but it's right to the bones. I feel incredibly embarassed as I have done nothing compared to people who are on the front line with this virus, whether in health care or the frontline essential workers in shops and deliveries.

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found your handbag, safely tucked away in the car! That had to be such a relief! Hope the tiredness doesn't mean you are coming down with something! Get some rest and hope you feel better, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found your handbag. I've stopped carrying one. I used to stick things in my pocket but I have been known to leave my debit card in the car overnight (tucked away in my safe spot)

    ReplyDelete