Pages

Monday 4 May 2020

I Drove to the Shops

I tried to find a farm shop, but got genuinely lost. I have two types of lost. The first and most usual is where I've a vague idea of the direction I ought to be going in but don't feel emotionally attached to the outcome. The second is where I'm trying to go somewhere particular and I can't get there. I'm avoiding the first type in lockdown, but I think I got caught out with a weird road layout and took a wrong turn and ended up with the second type. So I pulled over, put in what I thought was the nearest supermarket into my satnav - Morrisons in Heckmondwike - and turned around. A few minutes later I found myself driving past the turn off for the road to the farm shop! I could almost imagine the satnav's frustration as I found a place to turn around and went back to the shop. It didn't have diced lamb, which I was sort of craving as I fancy some scouse (native dish of Liverpool and I grew up with it being made with diced lamb), so I picked up some fruit and veg and carried on to Morrisons.

Morrisons didn't have gluten free flour. Neither did Tesco or Sainsbury's. On the bright side, I drove on unfamiliar roads from Tesco to Sainsburys while wearing trainers and I was fine. In fact, I did quite well as the roads were quite empty so I could change lanes without too much stress and I wasn't under time pressure.

Btw Morrisons have half price steaks. I picked some up for DH.

I am now absolutely shattered. I only drove thirty miles, but I am so unused to it, and I was driving unfamiliar places, which made it more tiring. I normally drive at least thirty miles on a school day. It's going to be hard when I get back to the school run.

I've had a quick look online and I'm not getting much success there either. I'm sure it will settle down, and I'll find work arounds until then.

Writing stuff - this week's writing challenge is here. All welcome.

Hugs and good health to all 

1 comment:

  1. I haven't driven very far at all, just down to where I walk and the nearby shops. I was becoming quite brave (by my standards lol) before this happened and now I feel like it will take forever to get back to where I was. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete