Pages

Sunday 18 October 2020

Getting Autumn

Hazel - you are very, very welcome. Thank you for encouraging me. It's really helped today.

Today is definitely Autumn. I have no idea what the weather is going to do. We still have some flowers on the fuchsia and the honeysuckle but everything else is dying back.



I've been trying to write all day but it's been fighting back. It hasn't helped that it has been too hot. I have the central heating on as we are all over the house so I thought it's cheaper than three separate fires (and it is cold). DH was frozen in his room - which is where he works! So the heating has gone higher and higher, then he realised and bled the radiator again. It was only last week that he bled it, but there must have been a lot of air in the system as he said it was like releasing angry cats. The house's temperature is now returning to normal but it is still like a sauna in the kitchen. 

I've spent a few pennies. I've ordered some new jeans and a delivery from Delifresh as they have some lovely stuff. They normally only supply restaurants, or did before Covid, so you don't get cheap but you do get good. I'm looking forward to the delivery.

Writing stuff - today's story is here.

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. Our restaurants and bars are closed here again so they will be selling boxes full of fresh produce, meat, dairy...anything perishable. It helped both them and the suppliers through the first round. Have a great week sunshine. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fuchsia is so pretty! It's still not Autumn, here, in my neck of the woods. Although today (Sunday, here, still) was cooler (a high of only 85F) than it was on Friday (a high of 98F). It's still summer and I am glad! :)

    ReplyDelete