Pages

Monday 12 June 2023

A Sort of Fail Day

I've not got enough writing or editing done. 

On the other hand, everyone has food, I've washed bear's shirt for tomorrow and I've done other washing as well. I've planted a chocolate mint that I ordered online (which came extremely potbound so I hope that it survives - but it's mint!). Also, I dug out an old knitting project and started it up again while waiting for bear this afternoon. 

The shrug (that's definitely going to be unravelled and re-knitted), is in stocking stitch on needles appropriate to the weight of the yarn.


The project that, as far as I can tell, was abandoned this time last year, is just knit on needles that are bigger than recommended, and is the same weight and fibre content of yarn, both yarns from Aldi (the colours didn't come out well)

I wish I could show how much more it drapes and is softer to 'feel'. I have a few balls to go.


But I think that I'll end up with a great blanket - then I'll re-knit the shrug in the same way with the same needles, though possibly adding a few rows here and there of the twisted drop stitch.To say that it's almost exactly the same yarn, there is a massive contrast.

And today I ran out of jars of pasta bake sauce. I've just gone back through my blog, and at the beginning of March, Tesco did a '3 for the price of 2' on all jars of sauce. I committed heavily and bought enough jars of pasta sauce to last until now at one per week for DH. I also went large on curry, butter chicken and pesto and all of them are running low. The offer came in not long after 5 for the price of 4 on freezer stuff, and that offer has just been again, so I'll keep an eye out. And if it comes around again, I'll take full advantage. 

As it was, DH couldn't have his favourite pasta bake, and instead had quorn chunks with a sweet and sour sauce (and I added stuff like onions, of course, served it with rice). Tomorrow I need to pick up the sauce.

And that's the dilemma. Bear finishes tomorrow around 11am, and has to come more or less straight home because he has a haircut appointment. Do I come home or hang around? If I call in at the shops on the way home from drop off, I'll be lucky to get home by 9.30 and I would have to leave home at 10am to give time and allow for traffic. So I'll be hanging around again. Still, at least I'll get some knitting done.

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Ack I choose hanging around! I think you accomplished quite a bit today. I feel as though I'm just moving things around rather than sorting. Sigh. Tomorrow is another day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending all hugs. Sometimes moving things around makes it clearer what the end move should be. You are awesome.

      Delete
  2. Well, it sounds like the important things got done - everyone was fed and bear has a clean shirt to wear tomorrow. :) I like the colors on the project you've started to work on, again. You'll have plenty of warm snuggly blankets for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love blankets - I crave them when it gets cold and sit in layers of the things. But I'm also thinking of donating and selling blankets when it gets cooler. Thank you.

      Delete