Pages

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Trudging On

I may have to go to the doctor, if I can get an appointment. I'm still feeling quite poorly, so I may not make much sense. Mind you, bear would question how much sense I make on a good day, so I suppose it's not too bad. 

I took this pic while I was waiting for the incomprehensible Tesco delivery. The stuff that was delivered was fine. It's just that the driver's accent seemed to cover most of the northern hemisphere and he spoke really quietly. Bear couldn't understand a word - but he was happy to help me and was very sweet about it.


This is an incredibly bad pic of the honeysuckle at the front. I really regret planting it sometimes. It has beautiful flowers and a wonderful scent. The birds (or possibly the rats) enjoy the flowers and at the moment it's incredibly vigorous. But it seems to always want to grow away from the trellis, it can be picky about which way it grows and it regularly gets near to dying. It would be hell to get rid of, though, so I suppose I need to go out with twine and try and encourage some of the errant tendrils towards the trellis provided.

There was an ambulance and police outside next door but one, with a man strapped onto one of those things that I think they use for neck injuries. I hope that they'll be alright. The dogs were quiet, which was something. 

My new handbag came. It was stuffed with patterned paper and I was almost tempted to iron it and keep it for wrapping paper, but I didn't.


The new bag seems a little fancy for me, and I feel the lack of pockets, but it will do. Now that I have this extremely inexpensive one as a stop gap, I can prowl the charity shops looking for the perfect bag. 


I also spent a few minutes today explaining laundry to bear. In short, I said that he should use a decent detergent, read the label and read the dial on the washing machine. I'm confident he'll manage, and he can always ask me. 

Writing stuff - fiction went up yesterday here and today I posted another article about research here. I had fun with the article on research. I was trying to show that even if you didn't know an area, you could use it as a setting by doing a little research. As I used two characters as examples, I was half imagining their story - I need to get a grip. My 'To Be Written' list is already longer than bear is tall!

Hugs and good health to all. 

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you are still not feeling 100%. I hope you can get a doctor's appointment, get yourself checked out, and feel better, soon. The honeysuckle looks great and yes, I suppose you need to train it to grow along the trellis. How is the fuchsia doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice handbag. I rarely use one. I do have one but I'm afraid I'd put it down and forget it lol.

    Hope you manage to get into the doctors and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are able to get a doctors appointment, the old fashioned type where they can see you and if necessary touch you and the doctor can use their skill to diagnose and suggest treatments. Pam

    ReplyDelete