Pages

Monday 5 June 2023

I Need More Vitamins

I am so tired that any chance of me keeping track of stuff has completely gone. I can barely keep my eyes open. 

And bear didn't help. He asked nicely, but it all got confusing (especially as I was pre-confused already). I dropped him off, picked up the shopping, settled down and got the message that he didn't want picking up at 11am. Please could I pick him up at 3.30pm instead. So I drove home and had a loooong nap as I was so tired that I was worried about my driving. And I forgot the cheese. Still, I nipped into the shop on the way to pick bear up in the afternoon, completely forgetting the cool bag and ice blocks, picked up the cheese and settled down to wait for bear. Who then let me know that his phone was running out of charge but could he be picked up around 4pm or later? I said of course it didn't matter, then hung around, knitting and trying to stay away until 5pm. 

I got us home safely, fed us, then more or less fell into a heap. I managed to finish up the latest instalment of Invitation Accepted (Chapter Sixteen is here) and now I am going to bed.

I shall be back tomorrow to complain about bear's shirt. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

6 comments:

  1. That's a lot of hanging around and waiting for bear! I used to do the same for my daughter and I took some sewing or knitting to do, plus food and water. She could have taken public transport, but, it meant a 2 1/2 hour ride involving two buses and a subway, each way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same. It's only just over the hour but the buses are awkward after around 5pm, and it's a great chance to knit.

      Delete
  2. Are you low on iron? I think that's my problem. I go up and down with being tired. I think (for me) it might be a symptom of menopause. Hope you manage to get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you're right. I'll have to pick some up, with some B vitamins as well.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, you're a much nicer and more accommodating mother of a teenage boy than I was!
    If we had already changed the agreed pick up time, 11-00, 3-30, there would not have been another change. There are such things as buses, and my son would have expected to use one!
    I've been, as a mum, through GCSEs, A Levels, a Law Degree, Law Masters, and Law Doctorate with my son, so I know about how stressed our children can get.
    BUT, you matter too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very soft on him, but he's pretty good. He asked, rather than told, and that gets him a lot of mileage. Also - knitting time!

      I'm not sure I'll survive to the end of GCSEs let alone anything else. Congratulations to your son on such an amazing achievement.

      Delete