Pages

Thursday 15 June 2023

Still Bewildered

I'll update properly later. I'm just feeling so mentally exhausted that I'm not sure what way is up. 

Bear is doing okay with only two more exams left. He's also doing a course online that's something to do with quantum. I've no idea. I have his school shirt in the washer and I will only have to wash it twice more. He may need a white shirt again but I suspect that he will have grown out of this by the end of the summer.

But I finished off that ball of yarn and now I've joined the next - 400g left to go! It's nice and easy to knit and I added a few rows watching the Great British Sewing Bee. I didn't approve of them cutting up crochet blankets at all. My late mother used to make them to donate and they took easily over a hundred hours to make. 

Hugs and good health to everyone. 

8 comments:

  1. I watched the sewing bee and was horrified at what they were doing with the blankets. I thought this episode was awful, they'll have to buck up for me if they want me to keep watching.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are able to rest and relax once Bear's exams are over. Glad you are getting some knitting done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knitting is keeping what's left of my sanity lol

      Delete
  3. Sending you a big but gentle hug. I have brain fog and it's so frustrating and exhausting so like you I can't seem to work out what day it is! I have to agree with you about the sewing bee cutting up crochet blankets. Such a waste and so sad after someone out all those hours in . If someone cut up any of my blankets I think I would cry.Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knit, and if I'd seen my blanket being hacked up I would have been cross - and mine aren't that brilliant! But all the hours that had been taken over them, now all wasted. Sending hugs back.

      Delete
  4. I too was horrified that they cut up blankets! It is not recycling to make something useless out of an useful item; and handmade as well. Mad.

    ReplyDelete