Pages

Monday 19 June 2023

I Can't Wait Until Thursday

Today I had shopping, family phone calls, self imposed deadlines and bear. Tomorrow I'll be out for ages with the MOT and a full, super duper extra service (to try and keep the car running longer). Wednesday is bear's last exam so I'll have the last school run plus I'll pick up stuff to last until the next planned shopping day on Monday. When I reach Thursday, I'm going to plan to catch up. 

I got to Tesco much later than I normally do, which meant it was busier. I think that I'll get up and out as if for the school run on shopping days, just to keep things on an even keel. I spotted this in the car park.


I don't know if someone nearly forgot the baby, but the bottle bank is only about 100 yards away from the trolleys. Leaving two empty wine bottles in a child's seat sends a certain statement, though. 

Aldi was half empty. They get the new special offers in for Mondays but I think storms disrupted some deliveries as there were a lot of spaces in the special offers aisles. The traffic lights at the entrance to Tesco supermarket had gone out as well, which may have also been due to the weather. I don't envy people trying to get out of there at rush hour if the traffic lights aren't fixed. It's a busy road.

Talking of the storms last night, the bump that looked like a blister with the surface of the road was raised was flat this morning. I found out that some people down the road had had power cuts, and there were signs that the roads had been awash all over. Tesco petrol station was coned off and as I know that part of the road next to it floods in normal rain, I wondered if the tanks had been affected by flood water. I won't be getting petrol there for a while, I think, just in case.

This post is all over the place, very like my thought processes. 

Writing stuff - Invitation Accepted Chapter Seventeen is here. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

2 comments:

  1. You do find some interesting stuff in parking lots, don't you?
    It sounds like you are incredibly busy! I hope you get a break, soon, so you can relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The world is a very odd place, if you look. Thank you!

      Delete