Pages

Wednesday 7 June 2023

Wonderfully Quiet

Bear had two exams today, which I think were Maths and History. He said that he felt really good about them. I really, really, really hope that it isn't misplaced confidence. He's got the good grades in the mock exams, so there's no reason why he shouldn't be getting them now. I got a little knitting done while waiting. I've got this much yarn left, so I'm not bothering with measuring the shrug, I'll just finish it off and call it quits.


Bear was in a good mood when I picked him up. We got home, he got changed and then he went into the city centre to buy notebooks. Bless him, the lad is a true Yorkshireman and does not approve of the cost of things. He wanted some notebooks to set himself up for A levels. He picked up a couple that have numbered pages and contents pages and was pleased with them apart from the expense. I washed his only functioning shirt and have hung it to dry overnight. I'll run an iron over it tomorrow, which won't take a minute.

Bear wanted a good maths notebook but he also wanted a notebook for the course he's taking online over the summer. I'm not exactly sure what's involved but it's free, online and is something to do with Quantum. Bear is very happy about it. I'm just worried that he'll try and explain it to me. 

Writing stuff - I wrote a brief article about considering murder (from a writer's point of view of course) here, and then, after adding a few thousand words to the work in progress, I realised that there wouldn't be a murder like that in this particular story. I was actually quite pleased that the plan for the story was completely out of the window after 5k words. Normally it takes 20k words or more to get things to gel. And the ideas about murder (for a novel, I hasten to add) will still be there for another story. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to bear on all his exams! If he thinks he's done well, then, I'm sure he'll get good marks. Note books, and just about everything else, are expensive, aren't they? But, at least they are available! According to one of my friends whose children and grandchildren are in Sri Lanka, paper is in short supply there, and note books, etc., are almost impossible to find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how blessed we are to have access to all the notebooks. I'm remembering Sri Lanka in my prayers.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad Bear is coping with the exams. He sounds as though he doesn't get anxious at all. I am horrible with any kind of test - even an eye test lol. I get really anxious and my stomach hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know all those posts where I've been complaining about non-stop exams? He's just dealing with it because he's so used t them. Sending hugs x

      Delete