Pages

Thursday 9 June 2016

Broccoli Fail

Bear heard a reference to Broccoli Slaw and was insistent that he wanted to try it.  What can I say, my nine year old requests something healthy, who am I to refuse.  I found this on the internet linky and thought I would give it a go.

First Fail - I forgot to put cabbage on the delivery so I couldn't make it the first night.

Second Fail - the carrots were really not fit so I couldn't make it the second night

Third Fail - I actually made it.  It smelled, well, of grated carrots, cabbage, broccoli and garlic stirred up with Greek yogurt and cider vinegar.  Bear was impressed.  DH thought it was amazing.  I gave it a final stir and found a large, spiky piece of broken plastic.  The thingies on the inside of my Food Processor had broken off and now there were sharp, clear plastic bits mixed in with the grated veggies and dressing.  There was no way I could pick them all out.

Fourth Fail - I'm having a bad time at the moment and couldn't actually force myself to go into town and pick up a Food Processor.  Tesco don't have any on their grocery delivery and they are all so much more expensive than when I bought mine years ago.

It's a work in progress.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear these things come to try us!! This sounds like something that would happen to me. ............ Your intentions were good, i agree with you a lot of the food processors look quite expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! Equipment failure! Well, at least you tried!

    ReplyDelete