Pages

Friday 10 June 2016

Rain!

We have had extra rain today.  So I walked to Makro and back.  It isn't that far, and it is good for me to stretch my legs.

I actually wanted a food processor as bear is determined he wants broccoli slaw, I am not going to stand in the way of healthy eating but darn I'm not grating broccoli by hand.  Makro didn't have food processors.  Fortunately they did have the perfect sized set of drawers for the dining room for £19.99 plus VAT.  They're only plastic, but will serve the purpose of tea towels and tablecloths.  Unfortunately I thought it was a good idea to walk home with them.  I have muscles like overcooked spaghetti, so even a smallish plastic three drawer cabinet was a challenge.  I have not been moving much at all, so carrying it on top of actually walking somewhere, meant that I got home feeling very hot and sweaty and red in the face.

Of course it rained throughout the walk.  I wasn't too upset as it means I don't have to water the garden.  However the remaining heat, humidity and lack of air did not help.

Now I have a hot, bothered and fed up bear who is over tired with the heat.  I hope it all settles down soon.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I could have managed to walk home from a shop carrying a set of plastic drawers, myself! Definitely not in the rain!

    Speaking of rain, send some of it my way! Please!

    ReplyDelete