Pages

Thursday 2 June 2016

Damp Squib

Yesterday I sent off the story to Crimson Edge Publishing.  They acknowledged receipt (which is pretty awesome for a publisher) and I can expect to hear within 4-6 weeks.  I am going to be a wreck for the next 4-6 weeks.

There was another deadline yesterday.  I had to clear a hole in the kitchen and dining room as an electrician was due to come and do something for £200.  It's to do with earthing the water and gas, but to be honest, I don't really get what's going on.  Unfortunately he was poorly.  It will now be a few weeks before he comes and does whatever he needs to do.  There is stuff in all the wrong places but it's a good opportunity to sort out.  I do feel a sense of anticlimax, though, having thrown stuff in all sorts of cupboards with wild abandon.

After all that pressure I feel quite flat.

I am very bad at setting goals and sticking to them, but I am going to try.  I'm going to try and get something fit to publish by the end of bear's summer term.  If I can put myself under the same pressure for a self imposed deadline then it will really be a breakthrough.  Not about the writing, but about setting myself a target.

Speaking of which, off to do some research.

No comments:

Post a Comment