Pages

Friday 17 June 2016

Great British Sewing Bee Strikes Again!

I watched the first series of the Great British Sewing Bee with interest by myself.  Once DH watched it, he became enthralled and I ended up buying a sewing machine (sadly underused - I have done at least two seams).

Bear watched some of one tonight.  Then he insisted on seeing another one.  I have been forced to promise that over the coming week I shall clear out enough rubbish so that he can do sewing with me the next weekend.

I wish I knew what I was doing.  It will be the blind leading the blind.  More particularly it will be the blind leading the colour blind.  I suggested that we try just sewing bits together and seeing what happened, and then perhaps cushion covers.  Bear suggested sewing himself a complete Tudor outfit.  I suggested that we work up to it.  I think if bear continues interested then I'll learn loads.  I've learned not to let bear watch those sort of programmes for a start.

2 comments:

  1. Well, of course he wants to make a full Tudor outfit! I love his enthusiasm. He is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double sided bunting? Very easy to make, and teaches about need for straight lines, clipping corners, etc?

    Then on to tote bags and zippered pouches (great for pencil cases and everything). This lady does great tutorials for both, she's easy to watch and makes it very easy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OCRclg0hpU

    ReplyDelete