Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Bear Lives Dangerously

Yesterday afternoon was a test.  Bear couldn't find his coat as he left school, which is normal for an eight year old at the start of term.  However he refused point blank to go and look for it.  I tried to insist but I am far less scary than teachers.  His teachers are okay, actually, and probably calmer than I am, but the thought of actually going back and looking for his coat was far too terrifying for bear.  I took him up to the teachers, they said it was fine, the coat reappeared.  However it took a lot of negotiation.  It's one of those tricky parenting decisions.  On the one hand bear is suffering from grief and is regressing to toys and stories he liked when he was four or five instead of a big boy of nearly nine.  On the other hand I don't want bear to get used to saying 'no' to his mother because when he gets to fourteen I will be stuffed.  That's being a parent.

I have alarms on my phone that go off at various stages of the morning.  The final alarm goes off at 8.49 which tells us it is time to leave the house for school.  And after the 8.49 alarm this morning bear told me that he had to hand his maths homework in, and that he couldn't find it.  I can't find it either.  Bear has done it - DH checked it on Saturday.  I just have no idea whatsoever where it could be.

I needed to turn out the study and living room anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment