Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

All Normal Here

This morning I was woken by the loudest cup of tea in the world.  The kitchen at the back is next to father's room, where I am sleeping.  I don't know what they were doing to make stirring a cup so loud but it sounded like it was hooked up to a microphone and pumped through the sort of amps they use at Glastonbury.  At 6.30am on a Sunday it was Not Welcome.  This is especially as bear didn't stir until 8.30, which is impressive, so I managed a little more reading.  I'm a bit bogged down on the book I am reading on my kindle.  It sounded so much more promising on the blurb, and I am quite interested in stuff like dinosaurs and fossils, but it is turning out a lot dryer.  Still, it was free.  I may make the effort and read some of the classics that I keep thinking I ought to read as a lot of those are free.  I'm going to have to work up to that, though.  I'll put it on the list of Resolutions, which are looking a bit limp, to be honest.  Although I seem to be doing a lot of cleaning as I go along.

I'm going to have to spend out again.  It's going to be a lot of money as well, at least for me.  Bear needs a chair.  He has been sitting in a kiddies chair and now it is far too small for him.  It has now reached 'ridiculous' so I can't put it off much more.  Still hopefully it will be the last such purchase for a while - if I can stop bear bouncing off the sofa.  I keep expecting to hear a 'crack' and a shout.  I feel a bit depressed just thinking about it.  I am wary about buying furniture second hand as getting stuff through our door takes a lot of skill and effort.  It is looking depressingly like this...

I took the photo from the IKEA website.  By the time I've paid for delivery it will be £200.  Add in the associated costs of visiting IKEA such as the tempting morsels in the kitchen area and the meatballs for the men in the restaurant and on top of everything else I could cry.

I could put it off, but it is already getting a bit tense between DH and bear as they compete for sofa space and so I need something, and I am hoping if I get something comfy it will be used and last for some time.  On the other hand, I don't want to spend the pennies.  I'll have to work something out, or start with the second hand stuff.

So, all normal for here.

No comments:

Post a Comment