Pages

Monday 20 May 2019

Bear is Awesome!

Bear has got the Headmaster's Award. At his school, kids are awarded 'positives' or 'negatives'. Too many negatives and you are looking at detentions or worse. Positives, however, are added up and at certain points the kids get rewards. Bear has had a voucher, a free snack from the canteen and I think he also got a book token. And when you reach the giddy heights of 200 positives, you get the Headmaster's Award, along with a badge. Bear now has a badge.

Positives can be awarded for things like a good answer or good homework, but they are also awarded for good effort, being organised, being generous, helping the teacher, getting involved and taking part and not getting any negatives for a term. I think it's a great system and really helpful. Bear definitely works towards those positives. I don't know how many have got the award so far, but some already had it and not everyone will get a badge. Bear is smug. When I can pin him down, I'll take a photo and share.

Less important stuff - there is nothing wrong with the boiler, and the general thought is that it was an elderly alarm and I had a virus. I've been off colour for the last few days, but fortunately fit to drive bear this afternoon (I had to stay in to wait for the man this morning). I made up for it, though, as I went out early to pick up bear and got into Heckmondwike an hour early. Instead of parking up and knitting, I nipped to Aldi, which is only about fifteen minutes away, picked up a few bits that I actually needed and only one impulse buy (a type of biscuit bear likes), got lost on the way back (you should have seen the uphill turn I had to make - and I rocked it!) and then dived into Morrisons to pick up some other bits that Aldi didn't have before getting back to the car ten seconds after bear. I felt pretty good about it.

Then we called in at Goodalls Farm. It sells ice cream made from their own cows, and it is awesome. Bear approved. DH also approved as I brought a litre home. It isn't inexpensive, but it is the good stuff. Bear would, I think, call in every day, but I want to keep it for a luxury. There was a farm cat that looked available for cuddles under the right circumstances, and some animals to look at. I'll get a pic the next time. It was incredibly busy and I was very nervous parking, but I did. Then we came home and I think I more or less managed the baked potato for bear.

Today has been a good day. Hugs to all.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete