Pages

Saturday 18 May 2019

Eurovision!

Hester - I can't believe that they had a CO detector at ceiling height! Carbon monoxide is heavier than air. It sinks and fills up the room from the floor up! Well, you know that, and I know that, but dearie me!

Thank you for all the good wishes. As far as we can tell, I'm suffering from a 24 hour bug (felt quite off) but bear and DH are fine. I do have a carbon monoxide detector, and it is on the ground near the gas fire (which hasn't been on for quite a while). It went off, and I felt poorly, so I did the sensible thing - I got out of the house. I grabbed my phone and car keys on the way out, and opened the windows. The alarm stopped. I called DH who sent me a number, 0800 111 999 which is a free number to report gas leaks. A very nice man came out, checked everything and could find no signs of a leak, but because of the alarm and because I was feeling poorly, he switched off our gas. A representative from the gas service people is coming out on Monday to check our boiler. It may be that fumes from the vent are blowing in through the kitchen window, which may have set off the alarm. I will wait and see. Thank you for all the good wishes.

Tonight is Eurovision Night. I had a delivery this morning, which should have included a one litre bottle of brandy, which was on sale at £16 instead of £19. Unfortunately they had sold out and so included two of the 70cl bottles, which would normally have cost £27 in total, but I only paid the £16 advertised. I don't think Tesco made much money from me this week. Not only was there the whole brandy thing but also I just realised it was the end of the 'Gluten Free' week so a load of Tesco own brand gluten free stuff was 3 for the price of 2 - which is about as good as it gets for the gluten free stuff. I bought a year's worth of pasta and a huge quantity of gluten free gravy granules that I use mainly in mince and stews. I put a spoon full in the pasta water just before serving tonight for a little flavour (was nice, actually). My multibuy saving was over £30 and I didn't get that much.

So now I am going to settle down and get happily tipsy while enjoying Eurovision. I have just caught a glimpse of the Icelandic entry and I think I may need to start on the hard stuff earlier than song nine.

Writing stuff - I got the latest instalment of the White Hart out, a little late, but I'm hoping to get better. It's here, if you are interested. Lots going on at the OWS CyCon 2019 as well, if you like to dip in. And here is the pic I used, from Unsplash. I normally don't like pics with people in, but I sort of like it.
Photo by Kenny Luo on Unsplash

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete