Pages

Friday 3 May 2019

More Driving Adventures!

I am still very cautious driving, and I slow down in plenty of time for traffic lights, even ones where it's awful to get going again because you have to drive uphill. I'm glad I do that, because it meant I could stop in time for the gentleman who stepped right in front of my car. I mean, I was still moving, and there was a big gap between me and the car in front, so it was a reasonable guess that I should continue moving, slowly, until I was within a few yards of the car in front (I don't like getting too close to cars in front at traffic lights). He was fine, as I stopped in time. I was shaken.

I think bear is aware of my caution as he prompted me that now was a good time to go at the roundabout. I had already started moving, but it made me smile. I'm sure bear will have plenty of advice.

I had settled down nicely after dinner when one of the kids from next door knocked and said I had a flat tyre. I forgot to take photos but it looked exactly like I had driven poor Red into the kerb and wrecked the tyre. However the Citroen Puretech (ie Red) has a full tyre in the boot, and we pay for the AA for complete coverage, so a nice man with all the right tools switched the tyre over in no time, which is when we found the huge screw. It wasn't my driving, just bad luck.  

So the driving adventures continue. Next week I want to get a dashcam fitted and a different left hand wing mirror with one of those little added mirrors to help me park. I'm planning on driving somewhere I'm not sure of to make a visit, and I also want to build up to longer trips. The trouble is, longer trips involve faster roads, and I'm still building up to that in Red. 

Not much housewifery. 

Writing stuff - The online book convention OWS CyCon 2019 is getting closer and the utterly awesome Timothy Bateson has signed up to read sections of participants books, the first one, Preach On Havoc - Book 1 of Dreams About Vampires by Alice de Sampaio Kalkuhl, was released today here. I am learning more and more about all the different ways books get shared around and the different ways of sampling different authors. I will, of course, let you know if and when my stuff is being read, but it may be worth dipping in and subscribing and seeing if you find a new author that you like. 

And the latest from the White Hart is here. I am having far too much fun with it. It was really tough to find a pic to go with the story, so I have this, which I am including because I forgot to take a pic of the tyre. 

Photo by Fábio Alves on Unsplash

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete