Pages

Monday 13 May 2019

One of Those Days

I haven't tried the excellent suggestions from Barb and Helen as none of my braincells clocked in for work today. However I'm copying and pasting their suggestions here so that on the faint chance I am not the only one baffled by a baked potato, someone else can benefit. It looks like I have been cooking them for far too long!

Helen -To cook a medium size potato in the microwave. Wash the potato and dry it. Wrap it loosely in kitchen paper and put in microwave. Cook on nearly full power for three minutes. Turn the potato over and cook for another three minutes. At the end it should be soft when you squeeze it. If its still too hard another minute on each side should do it.Have used this method for the last 35 years.

Barb - What is the wattage of your microwave. Higher wattage ovens cook much faster. Mine is 1100W, I do three large potatoes for 10 minutes, then stick a knife into them to check doneness. If I need to cook longer, I will flip them over, and cook at 2 minute intervals until done. Not sure if that is helpful, but good luck. 

This morning was so cold and this afternoon was so hot! When I went to pick up bear, I bought a 61p bag of frozen peas to rest a drink on for him and hopefully cool the car down. I don't have air conditioning and there is no shade at all where I pick him up. The warm weather is predicted to continue for a few days, ending just before the weekend. 

The peas came in handy as bear's knee was bad and he used them as an ice pack. As long as I keep it just as an ice pack, I can keep re-freezing and re-using. I also picked up a big silicon trug, absolutely huge, for £2.99. When I went to the tip I watched a lady drive up, get a trug out of her car, tip it over into the 'garden waste only' skip and drive off. When I saw a similar trug in Aldi, I went for it. I found this on the website, which describes it as a 43 litre tub, but I only paid £2.99 and not £3.49. 

I called in to Tesco and Aldi this morning, and I managed to avoid impulse buys (apart from the trug) although I failed when I picked up bear this afternoon. I picked up an unneeded body spray.

It's been an odd sort of day. I think the best way to describe my day is to give an example. I haven't taken any pics of baked potatoes and, after the kind help from Barb and Helen, I thought I would include their advice and a pic of a generic baked potato from Unsplash. I put 'baked potato' into their search bar. This is a picture from the top ten results.

Photo by REVOLT on Unsplash

This is not a baked potato. This is an egg. I think I will get an early night. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete