Pages

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Motorway Driving!

Bless - there is probably a pre-set button on my microwave, but I've never had much success with the pre-programmed stuff. I may experiment more. Not tomorrow, though, it's a heatwave (for Yorkshire, around 70F)

Ann - I approve of planning ahead!

I went on the Motorway!!! I am sooooo giddy. But that is not all the driving stories.

It started on the way to school. It was crazy. The easiest challenge was the suicidal pigeon. It was all go. I said that I would like a little less excitement on the school run, but bear pointed out that none of this was my fault. Regardless, it didn't get better on the way home. I was glad to be off the school run.

I had thought about this. I have had some very interesting moments going to and from bear's school. I travel along the side roads where there are a lot of parked cars, entrances, exits and roundabouts. It has always been easier on the faster roads. So when my utterly awesome and amazing instructor took me on the motorway (freeway, autoroute, autobahn), I was still terrified, but perhaps less scared than I could be. I did a very short and easy run on a not-so-busy section and I was fine.

And because I was in the car and parking in a supermarket car park, I could pick up stuff for a salad for dinner. I am exhausted now, though.

Writing stuff - I'm going to be adding a new instalment of the White Hart only once per week, but I will be mentioning it more than once a week on Facebook, so check here if you are confused. I'm trying to be all 'marketing'. I also posted an excerpt from the Forgotten Village and had a go at making a Pinterest pin with a quote on my Always Another Chapter blog (here, if you are interested) as I'm trying to get the hang of making quotes in pics to look good. I'll probably play around with a few ideas, as at the moment this is pretty plain, but I will get there, and it's sort of 'marketing' which  I need to practise. Now I am off to collapse into bed!


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete