Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2019

Housewifery Happened!

Today I cooked the Hasselback chicken! The recipe is here and I more or less followed it. Of course I forgot to take pics. It didn't work out quite the same way as the video, as the chicken wasn't so firm and robust. You make slits in a chicken breast and push a mix of cream cheese, sizzled bacon and softened spring onions into the slits, then bake. I used dairy free cream cheese, which took a while to find at the store (I'm not used to looking for things in shops!) and it worked okay, although the cheese mix was more spread around than stuffed in. I think I would cook the chicken for longer next time, but I will see how it goes.

So I made the recipe I planned to which is a miracle. Bear had his with a baked potato and DH had rice. I was too busy juggling the piano lesson and sewing buttons on bear's blazer (more housewifery), to get that sorted. As usual, everything happened at once. It wouldn't have taken five minutes to bung on some frozen veg, but I was buried under an avalanche of information coming from all sides, which isn't unusual. Bear's blazer is a wreck. There are ink splodges and I've had to do a few repairs. Please let it hold out until 19th July, when he breaks for summer. At that point, I need to learn how to drive to Dewsbury to buy the next instalment of uniform.

I keep forgetting to take pics, so I took a pic of the thread plait that I have stashed.


Typically the picture didn't come out very well, but at least I have illustration. I love these plaits. They look so quirky and it means I always have a few strands of the right colour, no matter what. I hadn't sewn on a button for years, but I can see me doing a few more button rescues in future. Bear has already lost one of the buttons, so I think I will keep the buttons from this blazer to keep for next year just in case.

I've done some tootling around the kitchen and there is a slight increase in order. I dropped off some jars that I have been meaning to recycle for over a year at the bottle bank in the car park where I pick up bear, and I dropped off some clothes for charity (yay for cars!). I hope I can improve on this tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete