Pages

Monday 6 May 2019

My Imagination Still Works

I was always told not to talk about my dreams (the literal ones that you have when you sleep) as other people's dreams are uninteresting and no-one wants to hear them. This is a disappointment to me, because last night I dreamt I was managing a shop and I had to remove a man dressed as a cow wearing a Santa hat and carrying a gun. You had to be there, as it were. Any polite insight is welcome, but I think it's because I'm nuts. I'm glad my imagination is still working and that my subconscious can still come up with weirder stuff than my conscious mind.

Some housewifery has happened. I've managed to more or less line the curtains, except that I trimmed one too short and I'm going to have to go back with fabric glue and stick a strip back on. I can't believe the difference a black out lining makes, especially compared to white fleece. I got the three way lining. To be honest, I saw some lining advertised as 3 way and looked it up. The stuff is designed to block light, heat and sound. I think I need to add it to all our curtains. Not this week though, as I plan to deal with the kitchen.

Tonight's dinner was breaded chicken (again) with pasta and peas. I'm going to spend some time thinking about food tomorrow as well. I will be feeding bear about an hour before I'm feeding DH, so it is a challenge, and I need to think of something bear will eat, which varies. I may try hasselback chicken and baked potatoes. I found this guide here for hasselback chicken, but I'll have a rummage around the net. Of course, I can just pick up the ingredients I need tomorrow as I will be dropping off and picking up in Morrisons car park so I can just run in. Mind you, tomorrow I may feel differently about the whole thing and the men will have a choice between pizza and pot noodle.

I am also left with some large pieces of white fleece from the fail at lining the curtains. Fleece washes quite well and I thought I could convert them into blankets (they are @ 78 inches long and @ 54 inches wide, give or take, after being trimmed). I can do the knotted fringe thing, or blanket stitch along the edges, but I wondered about stitching patches on them as well? Or perhaps drawing on them with fabric pens? I may have a wander through YouTube and Pinterest. Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete