Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2019

Long Day

It feels longer than it should. I drove bear to school, then called in at Tesco and picked up some bits, then back home. There were some spectacular hold ups at one point of the journey so it was relatively late in the morning by the time I got back and I was out fairly soon after as I had to go to Halfords to have a dashcam fitted. I got there just about in time for the 11.30 appointment.

The very nice fitters assured me that it would perhaps be an hour, nothing more, but a thingy happened and they needed to replace a doohickey (it sounded like it needed to happen, but I didn't understand a word) and so I didn't get away until 1.45pm. This is further away from Heckmondwike so I was starting to worry. I ended up taking really scary roads, like getting onto a busy dual carriageway and around a notorious gyratory and then down some back country roads onto the usual double parking. Bear and I had some chat before we came home and we didn't get in until nearly 5pm, just before the piano teacher turned up.

I also got a call about setting up a time for my boiler to be serviced. It was serviced as part of the call out yesterday. I always feel that I am dealing with something strange and arcane whenever I try and sort out my boiler cover. I do need boiler cover, however, as it is now ten years old and it is only a matter of time before it goes.

Here is a pic of bear's badge (so proud of him!)


The legend is Latin for 'nothing without work' which isn't a bad motto.

Writing stuff - I've written a review of Realms of Ghosts and Magic by JS Malcom, here. It's not a bad book but it's written in the first person present tense, and that bit drove me scatty, which is a shame because it's a pretty good book.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete