Pages

Saturday 4 May 2019

Occupational Hazard

I'm trying to be more like a proper writer. So I'm doing 'writer' type things on Facebook and very occasionally on Twitter. I haven't really got the hang of Twitter, but I've got an account under Lyssa Medana, and I retweet stuff about writing and occasionally some of the better cat accounts. I particularly like Larry the Cat, which is a parody account of the cat that lives at No 10 Downing Street.

I actually checked my Twitter account today, and someone had sent me a message. This is what they wrote:

i am sorry i don't know you but you looked incredibly beautiful in your photos and lovely profile , i really admire you a lot and i couldn't help messaging you.

( I didn't edit this, you have the unadulterated version).

I answered - 'I don't have a photo.' This is actually true. I haven't got around to putting something in the profile pic space. It's just that funny blob that reminds me of a ludo counter. I got a message of praise to a blank space. Poor lad (if it is a lad, not a bot), he must be very desperate. I think I will have to go back and put my 'White Hart' thingy on it. It won't deter those like lover boy above, but it perhaps is more professional.

Today has been a good day. There hasn't been much housewifery, but there has been lots of hanging out with the guys. DH went and got a new tyre for me and so I'm all set to go next week. I still have moments when I'm trundling along and suddenly wonder what on earth I'm doing in charge of a car, but I'm getting more confidence. Thank you for all the encouragement. It's been a real help.

1 comment: