Pages

Wednesday 29 May 2019

Getting Sort of Creative

Thank you for the kind words about bear. I'm not going to be too blunt in my opinions as I worry sometimes that bear's pals will find this blog, but I suspect overconfidence is a big factor. I am not letting him off the hook. No matter, we went to the dentist and bear had a clean bill of health, to my huge relief.

As bear's knee was very sore, and I was feeling very woozy, we decided not to go anywhere. We had actually got a taxi to the dentist as there is nowhere to park within half a mile, and two taxis work out cheaper than the buses. I was quite glad. I suspect I may be a little anaemic, so I'm going to be eating more cabbage and broccoli and washing it down with orange juice.

Yesterday I bought some throws. I do not need any more throws. I have more layers than the average onion on my sofa. But bear likes getting wrapped up in blankets and I suggested that I get him a poncho. Bear thought that was an amazing idea, please can I make him one. The absolutely gorgeous, snuggly-soft, furry throws I picked up at Aldi for £6.99 were too lovely and fluffy for me to hack up, but the £5 fleece throw, while still soft, was fine. Thinking about it, I should have used the fleece that didn't work out for the curtains, but it is nowhere near as cuddlesome as the Tesco throw, so perhaps it's just as well. I cut a slit roughly in the centre of the throw, which was rectangular so I had to do my best guess, and bear took over. He thought it was amazing!


This is seriously cropped to cut out the worst of my clutter, and it would look a lot better if bear had it on straight, but he is happy with it. The lad who refuses to wear any form of sweater is currently sitting at his computer with a blanket under the poncho. At least the fire isn't on. Fleece doesn't really fray, but I'm not sure about whether it will tear. If it does I will blanket stitch it back together and call it a design feature.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete