Pages

Sunday 26 May 2019

Lovely Calm Sunday

Sarah - yes, he is using three fingers. I'm not saying he is perfect, or anywhere near it, but he's having a good go. He has been watching Two Set Violin videos on YouTube (link here) and has been paying attention. Apparently the teacher was happy with the way he held the bow (I was in a separate room, but could hear it all) and he already knows the theory of scales from the piano lessons. He remembers everything. So he seems to have hit the ground running. I don't know if he will keep up like this, but at the moment, I'm just happy that he's enjoying it.

Next time the neighbours keep us awake late at night, I'll get bear to practise in the bathroom first thing in the morning.

Helen - I agree. Bear understands the basics of a map, as he has played Eurotruck and has apparently followed routes all over Europe, but I don't think he really knows how to use a map. I want to spend some time with him and a proper Ordinance Survey map. Back some time shortly after the stone age, when I was a Girl Guide, I learned how to match the map to a compass, take a bearing and allow for gradients as well as spot all the little snippets of information like churches and post offices and where you could find public footpaths. I want to make sure that he can use a map actively as well as passively. Besides, maps are fun.

It's been a lovely quiet day. We have had a picnic dinner again, watched another episode of Librarians and generally had a chill time. I hope to do the same tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment