Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2019

Cooking Fail

It wasn't a bad fail, just a minor fail, but I made the carrot and ginger soup from Jack Monroe's Tin Can Cook for bear and his pal and they weren't impressed. Normally they inhale home made soup, but they didn't really bother with this. I may try it again with fresh carrots instead of tinned, as I think tinned carrots do not taste the same. Also, I used frozen ginger and garlic, and I don't think it was very good.

Bear's full exam results are in, and the school sent them to parents in an email so that they kids can't blag their way out of trouble. Bear did very well in some subjects. We weren't given exact scores, just a score from 1-9, and bear got the top score in a couple of subjects. I will be pushing him to do better on others and will speak to the teachers tomorrow at parents' evening about what we can do to bring some of the scores higher. He got a 2 in Religious Education. I'm not getting involved in that. As long as he knows that intolerance on the grounds of religion will get him into extreme trouble, and that he should ask rather than assume, I'll let it go.

I swear I am seeing weirder stuff on the roads. Fortunately bear was my witness on two occasions today when someone literally pulled out in front of me, once coming around a bend at high speed and once trying to pull out in front of me even though they could see me coming! I had a great time after I dropped some rubbish at the tip. I must go there every day, I've decided, as I always seem to make mistakes and the best way to cure that is to keep going. I found a 'short' cut through the back roads from the tip to the route to bear's school and the road bends like a snake with the giggles. It's awesome.

It has been so cold and wet today. I really hope we get some summer soon.

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment