Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2019

I Did Something!

I managed to go for a walk today, even though it was looking like rain. There were a few spots, but nothing to worry about. I'm looking forward to exploring the park properly as there are all sorts of hints that somewhere someone wanted to make it educational. For example, there is this notice next to a path.


It asks, who is eating what? This is not some sort of bloodthirsty safari, though. If you step back, you see this...


I guess they are talking about minibeasts or creepy crawlies. Mind you, I did see a couple of squirrels, so I suppose that counts. They are bound to be eating stuff.

The park is attached to a small museum, and there are notices around referring to exhibits. Bear actually asked about going there, so I may well take him at the weekend.

I went for a walk after dropping bear off (after a horrendous school run). On the way to pick him up, I dropped off some clothes at a charity shop. It was only a couple of bags, but it's a step in the right direction, so while I didn't accomplish all I wanted to do, at least I managed something.

Writing Stuff - I completely failed at writing today, but I did post a book review here, Borrowed Magic by Stephanie Foxe. It's not a bad read, with plenty of pace and interest, but it's in the first person present tense again! I want to get away from non fiction and I want to write reviews as I know how much difference it can make to an author to get a review, even if it isn't the most awesome one. I've decided to write a review a week, to broaden my reading and to hopefully give a hand to authors (or a warning to readers, but I don't want to write that sort of review). I'm starting with people I don't know, as I don't feel bad if I don't like it. I've been going on to Kindle Unlimited, looking for recent releases and seeing what I feel like. I need to find more that are not first person present tense, although Borrowed Magic is a great story and well told (if in the first person present tense. Maybe I'm just prejudiced).

Hugs to all.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete