Pages

Thursday 27 June 2019

It's Been Another Dratted Day

Wherethejourneytakesme - it's interesting you talked about spikes. I was talking to a neighbour and apparently they also had a spike and it was due to roadworks a few streets away cutting through an electric cable.

Today was also more exciting than I liked. I dropped bear and his pal off at school and then came home and waited. As the minutes ticked by, I worried about picking them up so I rang the office to see if they could give me an estimate of when they would be out. I was told that the appointment had been cancelled. I think I actually whimpered. It was alright, however, as they were reading the notes from last month, when we were trying to work out what was happening with the radiators (not a clue!). The nice man came in good time, sorted everything out and then left in good time for me to pick up bear and his pal.

Meanwhile we had people with clipboards and hi viz vests in the street. They were concerned about the bushes/trees opposite us. They are massively overgrown laurels, and I'll see if I can remember to take a pic tomorrow, but they are bound to affect the foundations of the Matalan store. They were also muttering about the state of the road. I have no idea what's going to happen now.

I then rang about the washing machine repair tomorrow and begged that they put a note on the file asking for the repair man to come after 8.30 when I would be back from the school run. This evening I got a text, too late to ring the office. They are coming between 7.15am and 10.15am. I have no way of getting in touch with bear's pal in time to let them know that they should be getting the 6.30am bus instead of getting a lift with me at 7.15am. I'm going to have to take them in.

This evening bear utterly walloped DH at Monopoly again. Now I am off to bed as I am sooooo exhausted I can barely stagger.

Hugs to all.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete