Pages

Monday 17 June 2019

Typical Monday

We were late out of the house as there was confusion over bear's games kit and I was struggling to get the car demisted. I managed to get bear to school okay, but then I got lost trying to get to Dewsbury Country Park. According to Google, it's a reclaimed space on a former landfill site, and a wonderful place to walk. I accidentally found a way to the car park I would need to use if I ever went to Dewsbury Market straight from dropping bear off. I hope I can remember it (odds are against it) as it is a great little market with lots of old fashioned stalls.

I found this route by taking the wrong turn, realising too late and then ending up in the wrong lane. Before I knew it I was heading away from all places I knew towards Brighouse, but I took a random turn and found myself next to the turn off for Dewsbury Country Park. It was shut and looked like the car park had been closed for some time. This is a shame as it is around ten minutes from where I drop bear off, if I go the correct route, and I thought it would be a great opportunity to have nice walks.


All the pics I took had a blurred edge of a finger in them. It's been that sort of day. It wasn't too hard to find the way back, though of course now I started hitting peak traffic, but I managed to get to Tesco from there, more by luck than good judgement.

Of course I forgot the thing I wanted from Tesco - crab paste! It's the only paste I found that is gluten free and I have some gluten free bread. I adore paste on toast and I really felt like I needed a pick me up. I remembered to pick up some teaspoons (I never know what happens to them here!) and ended up buying some Method hand wash. It may be on offer, but it is still expensive. However I love the shape of the bottle and I intend to fill the cute bottle with value price bubble bath once it's used up. I am going to have to stick to online shopping or learn to avoid impulse buying.

I got home without crashing, which I consider a win. I couldn't work out how to get a picture from my dashcam of the moment when a pigeon swooped at my windscreen just as I was approaching a busy roundabout. I checked the video, and the dashcam is central on the windscreen so you don't get the same effect as I experienced with the pigeon approaching rapidly, straight for the driver. I think I only caught the dratted thing's tail feathers, which was something. I may have been alarmed, but I wouldn't want the bird to be hurt. Also, I'm quite proud as while I definitely flinched, I didn't swerve.

Fortunately picking bear up from climbing was uneventful, but I managed to blow all the lights trying to change a bulb.

At the moment,  I feel like I'm being eaten alive by ants, so I guess the gluten free snack I had at Tesco was less than gluten free and I have the biggest case of PMT I have had for years. I've gone over this post a few times, translating it into English and trying to get it to make sense, so I hope it works.

So now I am going to start an unnecessary new project with some yarn I should not have picked up from the charity shop and watch YouTube videos. Today has had some fail about it. I am sure tomorrow will be better. Also:

Why did the scarecrow get an award?

He was outstanding in his field...

Hugs to all

No comments:

Post a Comment