Pages

Saturday 15 June 2019

Much Rain!

We haven't been hit as hard as some places, but it's been extremely wet here. We have all been hanging out, with bear's pal also visiting and it's been very chill. Bear and his pal have been playing a very complicated game where you start with a seven and aces are something and twos are something and so are tens and nines are something different - in other words, ideal for young lads. DH has had a go with it, but I think the rules may be too complicated for me.

I really need to learn how to use my dashcam properly. I got it as a deterrent, but it was interesting as I popped out to pick up some stuff for dinner. I decided to have a drive out to the usual Tesco, but on the way there I turned off onto the road to Oakwell Hall. It was closing, as it was quite late, so I didn't go in, but the drive up there was unexpected. I had looked at the maps on Google and thought it would be a normal road, through the usual, nondescript farmland. Instead it was a very narrow lane, with passing points, and a tunnel effect as the trees met overhead. Did I mention it was raining? It was raining with venom and malice. The road was running with water and I kicked up a lot of spray. At one point I swear it was like driving across a ford. I've never driven officially across a ford, but I've been a passenger quite a few times and it seemed very like it. The water was a few inches deep, and several yards across, and I took it steady and it was fine! If I had realised it wasn't just a damp patch on the tarmac, I may have hesitated, but I'm glad I didn't. I just paused in the car park, then, as it was shut, I went back. Definitely taking bear there. I checked my dashcam, and I didn't get the spray or the ford well, so I need to try and sort that out.

Yesterday, before DH came home (he had been away to visit friends, who were awesome and wonderful to him, so thank you for looking after him if you are reading this) I called in to the tip and took the back roads to Heckmondwike, and it's another great run with narrow country lanes and lots of tight bends. I don't think I'm made for motorway.

I'm sure I'll get tired of talking about driving soon, but it's quite big for me at the moment. And fun. It's really lots of fun!

Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment