Pages

Sunday 9 June 2019

Trousers!

Jill - you are awesome. I suspect the brands of pens bear is looking for are 'lots' and 'more' with an occasional dip into 'another one that's the same but it has a different squiggle on the barrel'. I am trying not to encourage him.

Bear has utterly rejected the school trousers I got as too baggy and completely too big. It might have been worth keeping them for him to grow into, but bear was clear - trousers have to be tight. Apparently that's the look for 'cool kids' and what I have seen on the school run almost makes my eyes water. Fortunately bear will see a certain amount of reason, but baggy is not permissible. The new trousers have to go back.

This is a nuisance as bear has managed to tear a seam in the current trousers. I can't find the second pair and suspect that it is somewhere in his bedroom, so that's going to have to be excavated tomorrow. I asked bear how long the trousers had been torn and he couldn't remember, but as it is a seam near the top of the leg, I'm fairly confident that it hadn't been long or bear would have noticed the draught. I stitched it up carefully, and hope that it will last through tomorrow.

I'm returning the 'baggy' trousers, which I should say are not very baggy but bear's legs are streamlined rather than trunk like and 'slim fit' (the ones he currently wears) are not very tight on him. I'll pick up a different size. Marks and Spencer do 20% off school uniform at this time of year and it's always worth getting it while it's on sale. However I could do without the running around. All I need to do now is work out which one to drive to.

We had thunder earlier, and the skies seemed to open! The rain really lashed it down and bear said that the street was a sheet of water. He was convinced we were going to be flooded. This isn't far fetched. There is a (very small) reservoir down the road which is supposed to act as a catchment for runoff if there is a lot of rain. However it gets filled with rubbish and silt regularly and overflows. When bear was a baby, it overflowed and was waist deep on the ring road - that is, the ring road I would have to cross to get to bear's school. I've been looking at alternate routes, but I would have to drive some way! Fortunately, looking at current conditions and the weather forecast, I should be okay. I wonder when summer will start?

Hugs to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete