Pages

Thursday 13 June 2019

Parents' Evening!

Bear was awesome. There were a few issues here and there with English (including the dreaded handwriting) but otherwise he was praised to the skies. He is apparently a pleasure to teach, enthusiastic and has a great work ethic.

The last is really important to me. Everything academic comes easily to bear and I have always worried that he wouldn't make too much of an effort. I am sooo proud.

So pleased for him. And I will admit that, actually, I could push him a bit more. I have a habit of letting him get on with it and if he doesn't get stuff done then it's on him (apart from the poems, I helped with those). When it comes to doing the extra work, and pushing the extension work and putting the extra effort in, it's down to him, not me or DH. And I'm letting the 2 in RE go.

And he was one of a few who were asked to speak to the head teacher and given a pep talk on how well he has done and what a credit to the school he was. I can't stop smiling. So, so proud of him!

Bear is working out what rewards he can get. I think he should do pretty well out of this.

Of to practice being smug now, although I can't take much credit. I can at least bask in reflected glory.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete