Pages

Sunday 30 June 2019

Moving with sort of Purpose

JustJill - I introduced bear to Jacksons Art Supplies, and it may have been an expensive mistake.

Friday night was not a good night. I was sick, which I really didn't appreciate. It left me completely washed out all Saturday. Today has been better.

WitchHazel - I was considering the launderette, but I have enough clean clothes for the men so that I just have to do a total of six shirts, but it's three of dark colours and three white. I decided to hang on and just rinse those through in a bucket in the bath and then if the washing machine isn't fixed, I can nip to the launderette.

Akasha - I've done laundry in the bathtub many times in my life, but I never look forward to it. I'm glad it's an option, though.

Bless and Wherethejourneytakesme - the bushes are an issue. The land is owned by a holding company, I think it was in the Isle of Mann, but may have moved to Jersey - it's in a tax haven somewhere anyway. I think they hold the freehold and Matalan own the building. It's one of those complicated things. I've always been surprised that no-one did anything about the bushes, because it's a subsidence issue waiting to happen. I think one reason that the bushes have been neglected is that the site managers and groundsmen don't actually come on our road, but just nip down the small strip of concrete at the back of the building. I don't think that they see how bad it is.

Saturday morning, while I was recovering, bear and DH got haircuts and then went into town, where bear persuaded DH to buy him some pencils that are normal pencils if dry and water colours when wet. He thinks that they are awesome and has done this.


He has these squeeze type things which he fills with water and then brushes over the pencil marks. He's having a great time.

As I was barely holding on to my stomach contents, I got a Tesco delivery. This was a surprise, as I thought I had cancelled it. Perhaps it was lucky that I had just booked the slot and put in some place holder items to keep the slot until I decided what I wanted to buy. I now have three bottles of brandy that I didn't anticipate. It isn't a hardship.

I also managed to finish a short story and submit it around half an hour before the deadline. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not sure it exactly hit the brief, so I won't be too upset if I don't get accepted.

Today was a quietish day. I rinsed through the shirts that I needed to wash, hung out with bear and DH and got on with some knitting. DH treated bear to a secondhand copy of The Assassins Creed, so bear was very happy. We've had another light bulb go, which is a reminder for me to get a move on clearing out the house.

Hugs to all.

Edited to add - I have just found out that Assassins Creed is an 18. I am unimpressed and may have words.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete