Pages

Sunday 27 June 2021

Gardening May Have Happened.

Sharon - it's hard putting yourself out there. But you have already shown amazing courage sharing photos and crafts - and you are awesome!

The courgettes have aphids and mildew. I consulted the internet and apparently the best way to deal with the aphids is to squirt fierce streams of soapy water at them and wash them off. I took some pics.

Before

The squirt gun that I bought on an impulse (with a fairly fierce jet for a £2 Tesco special)

The squirt gun after battle

Afterwards. I think I got most of them, but I noticed one or two bewildered ants.

Next week, when I have a sunny day, I need to spray them with milk and water for the mildew. Fortunately all the street believe I'm insane anyway, so I have no reputation to lose. I think that I may end up with half a dozen courgettes after vast amounts of stress and strain after buying a plant that cost more than the equivalent in courgettes from the shop. I also need to feed all the plants as well. The tomatoes are looking very sickly. As you may guess, I'm not really clued up with gardening. 

Bear has Schrodinger's Cough. Schrodinger's cat is the thought experiment where the cat could be either alive or dead and no-one will know unless you open the box. Bear's cough depends on whether or not there is a doctor's appointment booked. Last week he had an awful, soggy sounding cough. I booked an appointment for Friday. The cough disappeared so I cancelled the appointment. The very next day, the cough kicked off again.

To be honest, I think it's just a cold type thing and not serious. I will, of course, keep an eye on him, but he's in high school where social distancing is something of a myth and the weather hasn't been good. He has exams all next week, so I shall make a fuss of him. 

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. We spray our broad beans with soapy water to get rid of aphids. Trouble with courgettes is they all come on at once!!! They are good in chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete