Pages

Wednesday 30 June 2021

Still Shocked

Fifitr - teeth are much improved, but I'm feeling wrung out. I think it's just the after effects. 

I suppose I was always going to be into football. I don't follow it now, not really. There may be a hint here and there that I support Liverpool (close call that I'm still saying that after the farce of the Super League), and that I watch England.

I grew up on the Wirral, technically in Cheshire but within sight of the Merseyside border. You were Liverpool, Everton or atheist (a few lost souls followed Tranmere Rovers, but we didn't talk about that). Father was a semi pro footballer in the fifties, played for the Army, coached and managed teams and at one point he had the job of going around and scoring referees. You see, back in the seventies and eighties, someone like father would travel to a local(ish) club and observe the referee and to record how they did. I don't know if they do it now. 

DH isn't interested in football, and, to be honest, neither is bear. I think bear is okay with playing football, but less interested in watching. I also like watching tennis. I don't know anything about it, but I love watching it. Again, DH and bear are not very keen. I'm not so bothered about the Tour de France, although I think brother follows it a little. So while I'm happy with the sport being on, I can imagine that Amazon Prime is a real help right now. I'll have to check out that show.

There is a lot more light in the garden. There is such a difference now that those bushes have been cut back. I don't think that they needed to go back so drastically, but at least it's safe for vans now. I suppose it's so severe so that it doesn't need doing again for another twenty years. I really need to get out there, but so tired at the moment. I have the residual energy to go downstairs after this and drag bear's shirts out of the dryer and that's about it. I got a pic of the jasmine earlier. It's travelled around ten or twelve feet and spilled over to around the lamppost.





I'm pretty sure that this is wild mustard. It's a local weed and it's definitely not growing there deliberately but it looks lovely and cheerful. 


Hugs and good health to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment