Pages

Tuesday 22 June 2021

Good News

Fifitr - It's still weed central here, and the garden is tiny. Besides, sometimes it's just nice to look at green things even if they aren't planted deliberately. I love the sound of the raised bed. I've been ignoring the writer's courses today. Tomorrow I'll have another look, but I'm taking your advice. I'm already ignoring one non-fiction course. I may write a non-fiction book, about how to fail at housekeeping, but I think it would come under the similar rules for my fiction. 

I think someone has put weedkiller on the honeysuckle at the side. This was fine a few days ago, and now it looks like this.


I'm keeping an eye on it.

I've had a lot of positives happen today. I got the website stuff sorted. I got almost exactly £2 off using coupons in Morrisons and it was all stuff I would use. I've survived carting buckets of dirty water to the outside drain. And bear's t-shirt, that I washed using that thingy gadget, came out fine and I even got out the large ketchup stain. I even sorted out a new phone for my failing main one. Texting is becoming a problem, and it's the main way bear will communicate if he's out. The memory is overflowing, and it's prone to phone battery vampires, but the trouble I'm having with texting is the real issue. I found a reconditioned Motorola on the Tesco eBay site for a reasonable price, so that should be fine. I don't deserve it. The dehydrator came today. I may practice on the petals from the rose bush. I'll have to pick them first thing, though, before the ants and aphids really get going. 

I also went to the hospital for the follow up. I went into hospital a few weeks ago with a suspected heart attack. Today it was confirmed that my heart is fine. This is awesome news. There is still no idea about what happened. I was really poorly afterwards though, so I am a little worried. I think I'll just start managing my stress, or trying to. As I will be watching England play tonight, all bets are off when it comes to stress levels. I took the bus as I was going without bear, and I got this photo on my way home.


It would be great if it was a little straighter.

I keep trying to get nice photos to put on places like WikiCommons and Unsplash as a sort of thank you to the sites for letting me use the images so freely. It's a work in progress.

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your heart checked out fine - stress can mimic a heart attack I believe, especially in women. I'm rather liking my wild garden and have decided to embrace it and plant more cottage garden plants, self seeding things like hollyhocks, delphiniums and lupins - tall plants so they can be seen above the weeds and don't need looking after or cutting back, since I seem to have about 30 foxgloves and only planted 3 last autumn... not sure how that happened.
    You're very funny on the subject of cock-eyed housekeeping so I wouldn't worry about doing a course in writing about it; you'll do just fine if you decide to turn your talents in that direction.
    I have a Motorola and it's been a solid little phone for coming up for 4 years; it's not fashionable but it's small, which is key for me.
    I have always fancied a dehydrator - let us know how you get on with the rose petals. I'd never think to dry those that way but how else do you make pot pouri?

    ReplyDelete