Pages

Tuesday 15 June 2021

Still Floating

I will be glad when this all settles down.

Today I got a text from bear asking to be picked up at Tesco instead of Morrisons (around three miles different - I just checked). He was also asking to be picked up later. I ended up wandering around Tesco while waiting. I didn't want to buy anything but came out with some thread (I need to sew his blazer when I sober up from the codeine) and some reduced flowers.



I love irises, so when they are £1.74, I pick them up. I don't know how long they'll survive, especially after coming home in the boot, but I know I enjoy them. And do you like the vase? I picked it up off eBay and while it wasn't quite so inexpensive, it wasn't a lot and I thing it's gorgeous (and the men agree).

I deleted a load of books from the Kindle app on my phone to free up space but it's still glitchy. I had a dreadful job texting bear back. I think it's not just the battery vampires, but the whole thing is getting elderly. I shall look for an inexpensive reconditioned one.

The idea of phone battery vampires really works for me. I imagine them living in clock batteries (which last for years in this house, so it's the vampires keeping them going) and then fluttering out at night to prey on unsuspecting Motorolas. I don't charge mine overnight, as there isn't a decent power point near my bed, so the battery runs down. This is nothing to do with reading/using the torch/alarm and everything to do with imaginary predators. Most people are unaffected as they charge their phones at night and the predations are undetected.

Perhaps I should stay off the codeine. It's not even a full dose, just the Solpadeine stuff.

Hugs and good health to all.

1 comment:

  1. My phone has a life of its own and takes me to screens I didn't actually want or ones I haven't a clue what they are or activates settings that should be off instead of on!
    Love the vase too and the Irises they are a bargain. x

    ReplyDelete