Pages

Monday 21 June 2021

The Evils of Drink

I've had abscesses in two seperate teeth on the opposite sides of my face since the beginning of May. I'm finally getting rid of the second one, but the tooth that had the first one is acting up again. This means that I haven't taken a lot of drink due to antibiotics and strong painkillers. I've managed to make a fool of myself when I did.

The first mistake was  near the beginning of June, and I signed up to the Writers Toolkit in Ultimate Bundles. Ultimate Bundles is a thing where, for a short time, they bundle together courses and resources under a particular topic. I've been ignoring the 'clutter free home' bundle but I thought I could use the Writer's Toolkit, as I'm struggling a little. It cost a little, but less than the RRP of the courses, and there was a lot of content. If I was going to get it, I had to act or I would miss my chance. It would probably come around again next year, but I'm struggling now. Did I mention about drink being taken? 

There's a lot in the bundle, and I've started signing up to the various courses. I didn't check properly, though, for some of them. Some are short, some are designed for 12 months, some are downloadable sheets and all of them are emailing me. I haven't even managed to sign up to all of them yet and my inbox is already on the point of collapse. I'm becoming more and more bewildered, especially as they are now following up with 'why haven't you started the course?' and 'here is the next part of the course' and 'would you like to buy this other course from me?' I am sinking.

So while I am feeling like my head is about to explode, I have to sort out the website stuff (still hasn't been done) and I have a leak in my sink. I think that the wastepipe has become detatched from the sink. I have a suspicion that anything I try will end in tears. I have a plumber coming on Friday, as that is when bear is at home with a teacher training day so I can wait in.

I'm ashamed to say that my kitchen is in an appalling state? There are no dirty dishes or rotting bits of food, and all the perishable stuff is taken care of, but there are piles of stuff everywhere. There just seems to be a lot of shifting around that needs doing, and I suppose this is a great opportunity (while worrying about courses and websites etc) to clear the kitchen. The garden is running away from me, though, and I really want to get some herbs planted. Did I mention the second drink I took in June? That was last night and I have a dehydrator on its way.

Did I mention that I only have a limited time to sign up to the courses? My brain feels like overcooked spaghetti.

I've got some washing done, but I daren't do any more until after the plumber has been because the washer goes out of the same waste pipe. I've just rinsed bear's t-shirt through by hand and let it drip for a little while before bunging it in the tumble dryer and I'm keeping everything crossed. 

On the bright side, I called in to Aldi this morning and picked up some inexpensive flowers. The jug is far too small for them. I shall have to keep browsing charity shops when I have time. And if anyone has any suggestions about getting aphids off flowers in the garden that you would like to cut, I'd love to hear them. 

Hugs and good health to all.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet Williams are just beautiful, aren't they? Always been one of my favourite flowers. I had plans for the garden this year, bought seeds and ordered containers last year in preparation for starting off in February, but I was so down during lockdown I couldn't muster the energy and then I got the exercise bug and decided it was more important to hit the gym every day than have fresh runner beans for dinner. So my newly planted garden is a wilderness of wild flowers (aka weeds) and things I planted last autumn and have forgotten the names of. And my front garden is weedy pots and a big empty raised bed so... you're doing better than me, right? On the writing courses front, all you seem to have bought yourself is stress, which is probably not helping the creative process. Would it be too terrible just to jettison the lot? If it's causing you grief, let go of the feeling you ought to because you paid for it, and just let it go... It's hard because when you've spent your hard earned money you feel obliged, cheated almost if you don't take advantage. But is it worth feeling like your head will explode?
    I hope you find your way out of the jungle soon... the pain of abscesses is enough for anyone to contend with without being bombarded by other problems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need to sit down and draw breath then perhaps make a list or some notes to get everything out of your head and down on paper - some things will take priority and others can be postponed for a while - maybe you just need to sort out which are which so you have a plan.xx

    ReplyDelete