Pages

Tuesday 29 June 2021

I Can't Believe It!

 I've just seen the football. England won! They won without extra time and penalties! They actually won!

And it's too early for me to drink as well. I've watched it sober. It's just as well, or I would have thought I was hallucinating. I'm definitely having a drink later.

And they came and sorted out the trees.

Before






Now



They have made a bit of a mess of them. They are seriously hacked back. I don't think it did the trees any good. But I can now get down the street. There is a lot more light coming through as well. I think that the guys that came seriously underestimated how much they would cut back. They took away a large trailer of chippings and still left a pile by the brambles. 

And I have a bot in my facebook messenger trying to sell me something. I've just sent a link to the Curse that the Bishop of Glasgow laid on the border reivers. It's a cracker. I love messing with bots. I like seeing how it works. I am not sure that I entirely believe in the curse, but I enjoy the thorough language. The Bishop was very upset. They don't quite know all the terms I'm using, so I'm having fun. 

Today has been pretty good!

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Well it has been a red letter day. Football leaves me cold, but I'm glad there's something to raise people's spirits who do like it. Between that, the Tour de France and Wimbledon I'm finding it hard to find anything on regular TV to watch and have been browsing Prime a lot - particularly enjoying the sort of SF series Tales From The Loop. Not at all what I expected but I'm enjoying the leisurely pace of the inter-linked tales. Hope your teeth are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete