Pages

Friday 29 May 2015

Another Day, Another Fail

I have never been so glad to have the end of a school holiday in sight.  The house looks like it has taken a direct hit from the messy gun and I don't think that the carpet in the study will ever be the same.  Mind you, it wasn't all that amazing before the holiday.  It was awesome when we first moved in, 1994, but time takes its toll on everything.

I have also promised that I will leave the strange construction made of boxes until Monday morning.  Bear and several small boys have happened to to some very large Approved Food boxes (108 toilet rolls...) and there are only a few square feet of carpet showing in a very large room, and most of that is covered in crushed Pringles.

I haven't managed to see father, the laundry is out of control and bear is utterly exhausted (and cute - lying on the sofa dressed as James Bond and watching Avengers Assemble).  Bear is also becoming extremely nauseous at the thought of homework.  It is going to be a loooong weekend.  Still, at least the maths homework was done early on.  Negotiations regarding piano practice continue.

I have also had the 'thank goodness I've been outbid feeling' this morning, several times.  I think I need to step away from eBay.  Bidding on something that costs pennies, even if it has free postage, has a way of eating up pounds and I only have a finite amount of storage space.

I have also come to the conclusion that the 108 toilet rolls are okay but not brilliant and about equivalent of the Tesco everyday value at a very similar price.  I have also come to the end of the Tesco Everyday Value soap powder.  To be honest, it is okay, but there isn't that much dirt on our clothes and it is a bit limp when it comes to grease marks.  I am currently trying out the Aldi stuff which is recommended but making a lot of suds in my washer at the moment and after that I will try the home made stuff again.

There is always a bright side.  There is some very nice eye candy in Avengers Assemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment