Pages

Saturday 27 March 2021

Sort of Eventful

 It's two years since I passed my test. A lot of my blog is about driving, because a lot of my life is about driving. It has made such a difference to me. I don't know how we would have gone on if I hadn't been able to get to shops early in lockdown last year. Bear's life has definitely improved as he can leave the house nearly an hour later and still be in good time for school. I think he enjoys getting home sooner, as well, especially as I don't mind waiting around for him.

I can't remember if it was the 26th or the 29th of March 2019 when I passed, but it's pretty close to the anniversary. I celebrated by taking the car to the garage. The steering seemed 'off', and there was something just not right. I took it in to Kwik Fit on Gelderd Roads, Leeds, who checked for me. The steering is fine. The exhaust brackets, however, have snapped in two. They couldn't fix these, so they didn't charge me and recommended someone else, who I will ring on Monday.

When I got home, a parcel came - the yarn I was waiting for.


I got a few extra balls as I hope to make a shawl or wrap to go over the jacket. I cast on and got as far as the second row before realising I had made a mistake and needed to unravel it. While I was using harsh language, I got a phone call which was from the doctor's surgery. Some people had cancelled and did DH and I want a Covid vaccination. We said a resounding 'YES!' and raced across. 

I got back and had another go at the cardigan. I got as far as the second row again and had to unravel that lot as well. The yarn really is incredibly smooth, and I'm using my good needles, which are also incredibly smooth, so it's really easy for me to knock stitches off. It doesn't help as the skin on my hands is like sandpaper at the moment. One incautious tug and stitches fly everywhere. As the pattern includes lots of 'yarn overs' with no plain rows, it's tough to pick up afterwards. I hope I'm getting the hanging of it now. I've done five rows, finally, but I have to concentrate on keeping calm so that I don't drop anything. The yarn also splits if you don't hit it exactly right.


The pattern is starting to show. 

And I used up leftovers that I had planned to. I had leftovers, while the men had chickenless nuggets which had gluten. 

So yarn, car, vaccination and actually using the leftovers. I think I'm calling it a win.

Hugs and good health to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment