Pages

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Still Optimistic

Sarah - bear very much enjoyed the camomile tea. I abandoned hope with anything else. He managed a baked potato at dinner and some vegan 'chicken' nuggets with a few pieces of plain pasta for dinner. However he is looking a lot better.

One of the reasons bear is looking better is that the juggling balls turned up. He got some cheap juggling balls for Christmas, lost one, split one and gave up. I picked up some slightly-better-than-toyshop juggling balls and he has been happy all afternoon, completely distracted from his various aches, pains and twinges. Silver shapes have been whirling across the room at speed. So far I haven't noticed anything broken. He still looks a little off, but should be fine for school tomorrow.

Actually there is something broken - one of the kitchen doors fell off, or rather, the main panel slid off the hinges. As it happened when I was out of the room, I've no idea what happened. DH fixed it, but I suppose I need to start planning for a new kitchen. 

I've been off kilter today. I think I'm becoming intolerant to wool. I'm fine when I'm knitting with acrylic, but when I'm knitting the blanket I keep in the car which is 30% wool, my hands break out. I brought it in today to do a little knitting and I'm ready to scratch the skin off my hands. I wanted to try and get at least something done, as I was keeping an eye on bear. This could be worse. Most of my stash is acrylic. Mind you, I've had a look at cotton and bamboo yarns for future reference and they are not so inexpensive at all!

Hugs and good health to all. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad Bear is feeling a little better. Oh no! I hope your allergy isn't too severe though it sounds painful.

    ReplyDelete