Pages

Monday 10 October 2022

Fed Up But With Extra Writing Stuff

Cherie - I'll have plenty of practice getting the waffles warm. For some reason I bought boxes of the things!

Bless - thank you - I feel hugged.

Yesterday I fell apart because I couldn't find bear's school trousers (he'd taken them and put them away). Today I fell apart because it took me ten minutes to find the sauce that DH likes for the pasta bake (it was where it should be in the cupboard!) I drove bear to school, but was worried on the way home. I took an easy route, and it was before 8am so not the busiest, but I found myself losing concentration as I queued and I have been feeling very low. In the end, I told bear to get the bus home. DH is going to have to take bear to his violin lesson. I don't feel safe to drive. I wish I could nap - that would really help, but it just isn't happening. I'm considering upgrading this to a mild flu. 

In added news, the microwaved didn't heat the falafel at lunch, which was not only a waste and made me feel worse, but makes me suspect that we need a new microwave. It seems hardly any time since we got this one, but I remember that I got it extremely cheap. 

There is always lovely things to see, though. As I parked up, I saw this. I may have posted a pic of similar before, as it happens every year. The virginia creeper on the school fence turns the most amazing shade of scarlet and crimson and then the rising sun hits it.


That is not paint on the leaves or photo shop. The shadows look odd, but it's a genuine pic. It made me smile. I'll see if I can get another shot tomorrow.

Writing stuff - Today I finally got the last instalment of Under Dark Hills finished here. Be warned, it's quite long. It's also the first day of the October Frights Blog Hop so Dinner at Dark ebook is once again free on Amazon. I think I set it to be free everywhere, but I'm not brilliant at the whole Amazon thing. It seemed the obvious choice as it's the story before Under Dark Hills. There are links to other authors taking part in the blog hop, so feel free to check them out. If you are reading it, Please let me know if you are interested in seeing more of the characters from Under Dark Hills, I'd love to know know what you think. And now I am going away as I need to get tomorrow's post set up and I'm feeling like some steampunk horror. I can more or less find the keyboard, so let's see if I can get some writing done!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely picture of the red leaves on the Virginia creeper. M brought me a cutting once and we tried to root it, but, it didn't take.
    I'm glad you asked bear to take the bus home and your husband will take him to his violin lesson. Sounds like you need to rest even if you can't nap. Hope you feel better, soon.

    ReplyDelete